PTA Minutes – Feb. 11, 2014
Teal Gibson, Jenny Walker, Brian DeMartin, Tim Stavnes, Chiara Rodriguez, Tiffany Bell, Kelli Delaney, Lisa Saur, Lori Williams, Tanna Schaff, Becky Rogers, Mary Lave`, Briana Bergeron, Kally Dreikosen, Molly Reas
1. President – Call to order and introductions
2 . Secretary – January Minutes — Approved
3. Treasurer – Nothing to report
4. Principal’s report – New door security, technology – working on developing a broader plan.
4 students teachers:
• Ashley Williams – Mrs. Reitz
• Hannah Brown – Mrs. Saur
• Shaun Spencer – Ms. Schaff
• Josh Monson – Mrs. Beatty
5. Communications Committee – Jennifer, Renée and Becky continue to manage the website, Facebook page and the e-newsletter. Contact them if you have an event to post. Also, look for more information on what the committee is working on through Facebook, e-newsletter or the website.
6. Mrs. Reas – Playground equipment update — Starting March 1st voting (Watch for link on our website) will begin for a Farmers Grant ($2500) — applications were sent in for a Lowe’s grant ($5000) — Continued research on which pieces to purchases
7. Old Business –
• Remind cashier @ Fuddruckers that you are from Poly
• Look for Papa John’s flyers on website
• Spirit Wear — looking for local business for printing T-shirts
• Zipper pulls are in for all Kindergartner’s & new students, charms are available for teacher to use for different areas, ex. Spanish, read-a-thon, attendance, birthday’s, grade levels
• Vicky has the charms, contact Jenny Walker with questions
8. New Business –
• Spring Carnival scheduled for Friday March 28th from 5-8pm — fundraiser for our school playground
• similar to last year: There will be lots of fun, food, games, & prizes for our Poly Drive Families.
Next Meeting March 11, 2014 @ 6:30pm in the Library